As originally published by International Mining and Rock to Road
K-Tec Earthmovers & Cypher Environmental announced that they have signed a mutually beneficial strategic alliance document to strive toward a similar cause. The strategic alliance sets forth the understanding of the parties related in an effort to promote responsible and efficient mining practices around the world. Overall, Cypher Environmental and K-Tec are working together to bring awareness to the new and improved methods of mine site management that can bring out massive efficiencies and savings for mining organizations.
Specifically, the strategic alliance outlines strategies for Cypher Environmental & K-Tec to co-promote brands & products, including:
- A more efficient way to transport material with K-Tec’s Scrapers which can be used behind a mine’s existing Articulated Dump Trucks (ADT’s) or Rigid Dump Trucks (RDT’s) for a solution to moving material with less labor, less fuel, and less maintenance.
- A more long-term solution for smoother haul roads and faster cycle times with Cypher Environmental’s ROAD//STABILIZR® product.
- A safer, environmentally friendly, water conservation solution to control dust using Cypher Environmental’s DUST/BLOKR® product.
Other benefits of the alliance include:
- Drive mutual brand recognition and publicity within the mining industry to investigate both K-Tec’s scrapers and Cypher Environmental’s products.
- Sales synergies may also be possible where Cypher’s products may ship inside the same 40-foot sea container along with K-Tec’s bolt-together mining scrapers for an efficient shipment, direct to mine sites around the world.
A WINNING COMBINATION
Cypher Environmental CEO, Todd Burns states “K-Tec is a mining equipment manufacturer that is disrupting the traditional methods of moving mass amounts of material on mine sites by using efficient scrapers with less labor and fuel. K-Tec’s scraper productivity can be further elevated by incorporating Cypher’s ROAD//STABILIZR product on haul roads. Traditionally, with haulage costs representing up to 50% of operational costs for open pit mines, it makes sense to pay attention to your roads! Cypher focuses on helping clients enhance their haul roads and achieve reductions in rolling resistance, increased productivity, reduced fuel and water consumption, reduced maintenance requirements and costs, and of course less dust! The combination of our products on a mine site is extremely impactful for bottom line profitability, and Cypher is excited to co-promote our offerings along with K-Tec.”
MAKING POSITIVE CHANGE
K-Tec Earthmovers Inc. President & Chief Executive Officer, Mike Palitsky believes that “Cypher Environmental’s products are a game-changer in mine productivity & safety. There is an ongoing shift towards environmentally friendly solutions that is critical for the mining industry and general society. When a more sustainable approach is used to design and maintain mine sites, we make a positive change in the world. Cypher’s products have zero environmental impact. Likewise, K-Tec scrapers allow for greater production requiring less cycles per day to shrink the earthmoving carbon footprint compared to traditional methods of earthmoving. We believe that the signing of this strategic alliance progresses our mutual goal to further efficient mining operations around the world to open up current and future opportunities to make a mutual global impact.”
K-Tec Earthmovers is a manufacturer of pull-pan ejector earthmoving scrapers and accessories for the construction, mining, and ag industries. K-Tec’s high-capacity, minimal maintenance, lightweight, & durable scrapers have proven to work in clay, sand, gravel, gypsum rock, gold, lithium, bauxite, potash, salt & coal mining applications.
Read the full article here.
Interested in saving money in Mining? Download this FREE Ebook.
Cypher Environmental is a leading global environmental solution provider for dust control and road stabilization. With ESG (Environmental Social Governance) and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) principles at the core of every decision we make, we proudly boast the tag line, “Always do what’s right.”