Essential Position Requirements
As a Financial Controller for Cypher, you must be an adaptable, self-motivated, high-energy person with a strong work ethic and a coachable attitude. You must be a highly personable individual that has strong communication skills, charisma, and the ability to take-on special projects upon request. The ideal candidate will be able to work both independently as well as in a team setting, while remaining accountable to company directives and strategic initiatives.
This position will be commencing mid November-December.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- CPA designation is required
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to mentor accounting staff
- Experienced in presenting to financial information, management, and participation at a high level in strategic and financial discussions
- 3+ years experience at a management level in accounting department of an SME
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and cost accounting will be considered an asset.
- Experience with QuickBooks is considered to be an asset
- Ability to see the big picture and contribute to overall business operations and strategic planning
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee the accounting operations and staff, encompassing payroll, employee compensation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, G/L, inventory / cost accounting functions
- Responsible for accurate and timely financial reporting
- Implement and manage internal controls with an emphasis on financial systems, processes, and procedures
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly financial statements, account reconciliations and external reporting to banks, government institutions etc. ensuring all reporting requirements are met
- Responsible for government filings (GST Returns, PST Returns, WCB Returns SR&ED), Stats Canada
- Ensure product pricing adequately reflects cost structures
- Ensure receivables are collected as per company standards
- Managing and keeping current budgeting and forecasting models on a monthly basis
- Provide financial information and analysis to management to support operational decisions and the direction of the company
- Weekly cash flow reporting and forecasting MTD, YTD
- Weekly / Monthly Key Performance Indicator Reporting to Management
- Provide financial analysis to ensure profitability and feasibility
- Analyze variances and communicate explanations to management with recommended actions
- Prepare budgets, forecasts of income statement, balance sheets, and statement of cash flows as well as year end documentation and backups for financial statements/tax refunds
- Improve the profitability of operations by contributing with business advice and solutions
- Shares best practices with the team, e.g. process improvements, financial modeling and procedures changes
- Provides proactive / unsolicited consultation, interpretation and education of complex financial and operational matters to drive business decisions
- Monitor and implement internal controls as necessary to ensure reporting integrity, safeguard company assets, and identify risks
- Ensure all physical backup documentation is in place and organized to support financial information
- Responsible for the hiring, training, supervision and mentoring of accounting and administration staff
- Assist in completion of proposals, grant applications and reporting
- Work closely with external auditors at year end and ensure documentation is in order
Salary will be based according to candidate’s experience. Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply with resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of this position. Applications will be received no later than November 10th 2021. We would like to thank everyone for their application but only candidates that are selected for interview will be contacted.
Apply via Linkedin here.