Dust Stop® Projects
Dust Stop® by Cypher Environmental is a non-toxic dust control product that is 100% environmentally friendly. It is extremely effective at eliminating unwanted fugitive dust from unpaved roads of any soil type.
Cypher Environment has used Dust Stop® successfully on many projects around the world. Please see below for a sampling of our projects that we have completed in the past. For further information, please contact us.
- Dust Stop® was featured in an NCBI (National Center for Biotechnology Information) on road dust control. According to the article, there are more than 3.9 million miles of roadway in the United States and depending on the area of the country you are travelling in, as much as 70% of that road mileage is unpaved. Studies have shown that as least 20 different human allergens, including molds and pollen, exist in dust that is stirred up from paved roads. Results would be similar, if not worse on unpaved roads. Particles found in road dust can become lodged in the upper ... Read MoreREAD MORE
- The attached approval from the Oregon Department of Transportation for Dust Stop by Cypher Environmental has just been fully approved in record time by one of the strictest Product Evaluation Committees in the U.S.A. Our product, Dust Stop has been added to the Qualified Products List in the category for Soil Stabilization. This D.O.T. approval is the baseline test for transportation certification departments worldwide, especially in North America where restrictions and proven results are more critical than almost anywhere in the world. It was also verified in full by the Geo-Environmental Dept. and the demand for a benchmark tested product ... Read MoreREAD MORE
- Dae Jim University in Korea conducted a test to verify the efficienty of Dust Stop as an airborne dust suppressant in 2008. Dust Stop was tested under 3 conditions (calm, mild or strong winds). Tests were held within a stainless steel chamber to allow control over humidity and temperature. Dust Stop was found to have favourable efficacy to suppressing airborne dust at a rate of 90.7%. Our product was also found to be appropriate for underground environments. See the full test result findings hereREAD MORE
- Dust Stop was used by Waste Management for dust control testing on Courtice Field in the Fall of 2008. Dust Stop was able to effectively control dust despite rain days and high temperatures. See the recommendation letter here from the Site Supervisor. Click here to see full letter September 9, 2008 First of all, I would like to thank you Todd and your crew for picking Courtice Field Transfer to undergo a dust control test. To kick things off, we had the material delivered to the site on August 20th and the site set for application on August 26th. Todd ... Read MoreREAD MORE
- Village of Dunnottar: Recommendation Letter from Mayor Dear Mr. Burns: The Village of Dunnottar is a community on the shores of Lake Winnipeg. We strive to be aware of the products we use within our community as they will have an effect on the health of Lake Winnipeg. Dust suppressants have been a big concern of mine because they generally have a toxic chemical base (art.64 CEPA). We became aware of Cypher Environmental and their Dust Stop product. Dust Stop contains 100% organic materials that are completely biodegradable, non-toxic and non-hazardous. This past summer the Village applied Dust Stop ... Read MoreREAD MORE
- Aéroports de Montréal “Happy With Long Lasting Capabilities” of Dust Stop® Cypher Environmental Ltd. offers a range of unique environmental solutions that can be used for a variety of applications in environmentally sensitive areas. One recent example was a Dust Stop® application at the Pierre Elliot Trudeau International Airport in Montréal, QC, Canada. Dust Stop® has been applied to Route 500 at the airport two years in a row, in 2014 and 2015. It was an ideal solution for the airport due to the need to use a non-corrosive and environmentally friendly product. The non-corrosive factor was an extremely ... Read MoreREAD MORE
- Excellent Performance of Dust Stop® in Columbia We recently conducted a demonstration of Dust Stop®’s ability to effectively control dust emissions of particulate matter. This demonstration took place in the COQUECOL Free Zone yard in the Municipality of Buenaventura, Valle Del Cauca, Colombia. The goal is to measure the difference in volume of coal piles with and without Dust Stop® application. Five samples were organized in 1.4m cubes which were open at the top and at the front. Coal was then placed into each cube at an approximate slope of 45%, effectively filling half of the volume of the cube. ... Read MoreREAD MORE
- Hollywood North Impressed with Dust Stop® Performance As a Location Manager in the Film and Television industry in Canada, it is my responsibility to handle the logistics of filming. One of the projects in 2007 was a C.B.C. TV series called “Heartland”. Our main set was located 3 km down a gravel road, where there are probably 10 acreages. Dust abatement was part of our agreement with the local M.D. office, so I started to look at different options. A water truck is the most common way that a Movie Company controls dust. Most shows are only in one area ... Read MoreREAD MORE
- Cypher Environmental’s Dust Stop® was recently used for dust control for the gold mines in Guinea, West Africa. Dust Stop® was able to effectively provide dust control for mine haul roads. Read the recommendation letter from Aciting Mine Manager below. Read Full Letter “23 May, 2012 Dear Mr. Burns, Recently we tried the Dust Stop on our site at the Lefa Gold Mine in Guinea, West Africa. The results obtained were very satisfactory for us and have brought us to the conclusion that we will introduce Dust Stop on all of our haul roads. With the recent taxes being imposed ... Read MoreREAD MORE
If you need more information on any of our products, we would be happy to fill you in on the benefits and value you will get.